BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

My Questionnaire.

To help make my digipak the best it could be i have made a questionnaire to find out what people like/dislike and are/arent attracted to in an album cover. I handed out 30 copies of my questionnaire and here are my results;





Gender: The female to male ratio is very biased. There are only 9 males: 21 females which means that less then a third of my questionnaires will represent the male views on album covers. However i could use the fact that more females would prefer to listen to the band, due to the feminime lyrics and powerful lead female vocals.



Preference to digipak: Similarly to the graph above, the ratio is very uneven, this time however since its due to opinion it is not detremental to have to adapt my album cover. The 10 people that chose Jewel Case Cd's compared to Digipaks wrote many different reasons as to why they prefer this option, some claim that they preferred 'having less space with just the two sides of the cd case rather then the never ending panels on some digipaks' and oone person said that they 'just buy the cd for music and do not need or want the extras that some digipaks provide.'

Overall most people would prefer a Digipak, because its 'modern and easier to store' and 'gives you bonus features and interesting information on the artist or band' compared to the standard jewel cases.



Band Name: I think that band names cannot just be a random spur of the moment thing, but i cannot just express my own views, by asking people which they think is most important means that i can see whether it actually matters if the name of the band is meaningful and representative or just one thats catchy and memorable. The general response from my questionnaire is that 19 out of 30 agree with me which is just under 2/3, this means that the bands name has to have some kind of meaning, this doesnt have direct impact on my album cover since this kind of information is not presented on the front of a cd. However it would be better if the band name had an impact on the images that are presented on the front of my album cover.

0 comments: