BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Brand New Album Cover

Although i previously had finished my digipak, however after more research and also asking people what genre they thought my album cover was i have decided to change it once more, this is my FINAL digipak and i think that it is more 'Pop' than the previous two designs.

This is my new Album cover. The ways I have changed it are;
  • The colour scheme; previously i used 'Black Leather' as the background, this made it more Gothic and i decided to change it to a light green since it gives the impression that its more light hearted and 'pop-py'
  • I have altered the font; i decided that by not have a block colour creates a different font, the letters with holes in them like- O and P have been filled in and it creates a more rocky edge to the font.
  • The Album name; I have changed the name of the album since 'Faking it' leads to a large amount of connotations, some possibly explicit, which is not the image that I wanted to represent in my album cover.

This is the inside of the front cover of my digipak.
  • Amount of sides; I have reduced the number of sides on my digipak as i think that 6 sides is unnecessary and creates extra sides with usually useless and disregarded information on it
  • Similarly to the front i have discarded the block black font and changed the dark leather background for a happier, brighter colour- light green.


These are the final two sides of my digipak;
  • The green side is very similar to the previous designs, its just meant to hold the CD so the only difference is that its no longer black leather like the others, its light green.
  • The back side still has the same image its just that it has been copied and flipped on to the other side of the side and made more transparent.
  • I have used a font called 'Parade' and blocked our the letters that have holes like front cover on the names of the songs. This was inspired by Daniel Merriweather's album 'Love & War' which uses a similar font. It also inspired me to have the distorted pattern in which the titles are presented, which alike other album covers in the Pop/Rock genre.
This is my complete design and I am finally happy with the result, i think that it properly represents our music video and genre. With the colour, font and image i think that it will be clear to the audience what type of music to expect from this digipak


This is the Tab of my Album cover and an Image of the Four sides together:



0 comments: